ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:“ History is not merely the study of Political events, it is also the study of all aspects of human life including the events that may have occurred just yesterday” - V.K. Rajwade The Department of History is one of the prestigious departments of the college which was established in the Year 1972. Silver Jubilee celebrations of our department took place in the year 2004-2005. Department offers B.A in History Special since 1978. Post-Graduation commenced from the year 1993. SPPU Recognized M. Phil. Research Centre since 2014.
FACULTY: The department comprises of well qualified staff. Everyone of us are actively involved in Research. Faculty participation in various international , national, and state level is noteworthy. Guidance for competitive exams like UPSC/ MPSC, NET/SET is actively provided in the department. Students are also guided for their research work.
DEPARTMENTAL LIBRARY: Our Department has a well equipped library which consists of more than 600 standard text and reference books. This proves to be a treasure for History lovers. We also have a digital library in our department which consist more than several books.We also have a Audio books which provide help to the blind students. Books for various competitive exams are available in the department.
- Mind Mapping
- History through maps
- Group Discussions
- Intellectual Debates
|Ms. Apurva R Pawar||M.A, NET, SET||2 years||view|
- Department Organized a National Conference Entitled “B.R.Ambedkar’Contribution to India” 29th and 30th Jan 2016
- Monika Vaidya – Received Adishakti Puraskar, Sahyadri Pratishthan 2016.
- FOLLOWING STUDENTS PASSED NET/SET :
- Gouri Desai – NET/ SET
- Vipul Tembhurnikar – NET
- Siraj Gojar – NET
- Rohan Jadhav – NET-JRF
- AmitaBharate – SET
- DiptiMohol – SET
- Rohan Jadhav – SET
- SPORTS :
- Sakshi Mane – Gold and Silver Medal in National Karate Championship
- Radha Joshi – Second in National Aerial Sports Championship
- Omkar Ukirde – Participated in Maharashtra Rifle Association
- Sujit Ghare - Participated in Maharashtra Rifle Association Of India
- Our department organises curricular, co- curricular and extra-curricular activities under the forum of History Association throughout the academic year. Following are the activities:
- Inauguration of History Association and
- Annual cultural festival “Historica”
- Street Play
- Eminent personalities are invited to deliver lectures and interact with students
- Excursions to places of historical importance are arranged
- Diwali Faral
- Students participate in Class Seminars and gain valuable experience on how to write research papers and book reviews.
- NET/SET mentorship program
- Departmental Paper Presentation
- Maratha Weaponary Exhibition
- Dr. Pradeep Kumar Mane spoke on 'Existentialism' on 04.12.2020
|F. Y. B. A. (General)||480|
|S. Y. B. A. (General)||360|
|S. Y. B. A. (Special)||49|
|T. Y. B. A. ( General)||360|
|T. Y. B. A. (Special)||46|