The alumni association of MES Abasaheb Garware College is established long ago with the purpose of creating a strong support and an intricate network of former graduates, postgraduates and research scholars who will benefit to elevate the profile of the college. It also objects to bring together harmonious individuals. The establishment of this association is also based on following objectives –
- The roster of all Alumni with updated and current information can be maintained.
- To promote a sustained sense of belongingness to MES Abasaheb Garware College among the Alumni by being in regular contact with them.
- To provide and disseminate information regarding their Alma Mater, its graduates, post-graduates, faculties and students to the Alumni.
- To guide and assist Alumni who have recently completed their courses of study at the college to keep them engaged in developing their career.
- To provide a forum for the Alumni for exchange of ideas on academic, cultural and social issues of the day by organizing and coordinating networking events.
- The Alumni Association can achieve these objectives by organising the programmes or events through communications.
With this focus the “Alumni Association” is trying to march towards registration and conducting certain programmes. The online registration form for national and international alumni is also made available.
Programmes conducted by Alumni association
- On occasion of Platinum Jubilee Year, the College had organized “Sneh Melava” for alumni on 24th Nov. 2018 in MES Abasaheb Garware College. The alumni interacted with students and staff members of the respective departments.
- MES Abasaheb Garware College during 2019 -2020 as a celebration of Platinum Jubilee year had organized “Alumni Meet” on 29th February, 2020. It was one time activity held for the first time on such a large scale. It was a kind of event organized by “Alumni Association”. It was conducted for the stakeholders like past teachers and students to keep in touch with their respective departments for curricular and co-curricular activities in near future.
Dr. Ghayal N.A.
Incharge, Alumni Association