- About the Department
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- News Bulletins
- About the department
Course out Come
- Students will be able to acquire skills required for specific job roles and hence getting the job will be easier
- The courses are designed based on the skill gap analysis and are approved by respective Sector Skill Councils. Hence building further career based on these job roles is possible.
- Developing entrepreneurship skills is part of the course and hence one may even start up with their own venture.
- Specifically, the Scheme aims to ensure that a large number of youngsters take up skills training and become “employable and earn their livelihood” so as to increase productivity of the existing workforce.
- It initiates a process of “creating a registry of skills”.
- We hope, the Scheme will bring about “a paradigm shift from input-based to outcome-based skills training in the country.
- To create skilled manpower for industry requirements at various levels. The scheme provides for vertical mobility from short term certificate courses to full-fledged post graduate degree program, and further research in specialized areas.
- To formulate courses at graduate & postgraduate level keeping in mind the need of
- Industry in specialized areas;
- Instructional design, curriculum design and contents in the areas of Skills Development;
- Pedagogy, assessment for skills development education and training;
- Trained faculty in the areas of skill development; and
- To work for coordination between the higher education system and industry to become a Centre of Excellence for skill development in specialized areas.
- To act as finishing school by providing supplementary modular training programs so that a learner, irrespective of his/her training background, is made job ready with necessary work skills (soft, communication, ICT skills etc) and fill the gaps in the domain skills measured against QPs/NOSs.
- To provide for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) framework for job roles at NSQF Level 4 onwards by conducting assessment and certification with respective Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) / Directorate General of Employment and Training (DGET).
- To develop and aggregate curriculum, content and learning materials for skills development in different sectors.
|Mr. Vinay Chati (Head)||B.Com, M.A (Defence), M.J. Ph.D (Pursuing) in Defence Journalism||View|
|Mrs Prajakta Bhuskute (Assistant Professor Beauty & Wellness)||B.Tech, M.Tech Cosmetic Technology||View|
|Mr. Tushar Rupanwar (Assistant Professor Media Convergences)||B.Sc, M.J.M.C-SET||View|
|Ms. Supriya Hajib (Assistant Professor Beauty & Wellness)||B.Com, ABTC||View|
Courses Offered :MES Abasaheb Garware College "KAUSHAL" Kendra is offering B. Voc. (Bachelor in Vocation) in the following courses:
- Beauty & Wellness
- Mass Communication
- Media Convergence
Beauty & Wellness
Envisioning the global trends of demand and supply of trained beauty professionals, we at Abasaheb Garware College have designed B.voc Beauty and wellness - A first graduating degree program offered in Beauty Industry. A attractive career in Fashion and Grooming industry. Most lucrative and enjoying career option for students who love creativity. This course is a perfect blend of beauty skills with Yoga, Nutrition and cosmetology skills. Wellness is also an inseparable part of this courses which offers a detailed knowledge in nutrition and Yoga sector. This course will combine core technical skills with managerial skills, specifically required by the Beauty & Wellness sector. The program has been designed to provide students a comprehensive understanding of Beauty, Nutrition, Cosmetic making, Perfumery, Yoga, Naturopathy, Make-up skills, Tricology and Spa. Passed out batches have 100% placement record with different leading beauty spa, salons and cosmetic Industries. Proud to produce many entrepreneurs from our batches.
Mass Communication has emerged as a major area of interest and has immensely contributed to the development & empowerment of society. As an academic discipline, it has rapidly acquired importance and become a major attraction for students. The information technology revolution has significantly contributed to the expansion of mass media. It has also posed major challenges for students, teachers and practitioners of mass media. The rapidly evolving technology scenario is changing the very complexion of the discipline in a manner unknown to any other area of academic activity. It is a challenge which we accept as an essential part of life at Deen Dayal Upadhyay KAUSHAL Kendra. All branches of Journalism viz. Print, Radio, TV are part of this course. With this new media, Social media platforms, Documentary making, cinematography, introduction to cinema are the other fields. `from folk to tech` is the range of mass communication.
Media convergence, in general, means ‘coming together of two or more things’. On the other hand, defines convergence as ‘flow of content across multiple media platforms’. Convergence is not only a technological term but social also. We can see yesterday`s news paper barrons have started television channels after starting the online services. (SAAM TV by Sakaal Media Group, Times Now by BCCL Group). Convergence is not limited upto this. We have seen many feature films based on books. For example `Duniyaadari` was based on the famous book by Suhas Shirwalkar. In 2016 American film `The Jungle book` released in 2016 all over the world got much success is based on the book `The Jungle Book` written by Rudyard Kipling. Bookform to Filmform or drama form and vice a verse is also convergence. Todays world needs multi tasking personalities and skill of convergence wides the road going to multi tasking.
- Eligibility for these courses: 10+2 or equivalent in any stream
- Admission strictly according to merit
- Application form needs to be filled on-line from college website
- Hard Copy of Selected candidates id been displayed on college notice board.
- After the completion of admission procedure of 1st selected candidate list if required next list is displayed.
- Intake: 50 students per course.
- Reservation: As per the government rules.
Every year department organizes various activities like
- TV Interviews/Panel Discussions by students of Mass communication and Media convergences
- Demonstration of Make-up skills by international make-up artist Shiuli Biswas
- Experimental Newspaper production by students of Mass communication and Media convergences
- Demonstration of keratin Cysteine Hair treatment by Bio Rich hair Care
- Caring out field visit to different institutes, centres and other government as well as private organisations to demonstrate life subject skill to the students-ex.- Visit to Vidyavani community radio station, visit to Orchid Salon etc
- Organising special lectures by eminent industry persons for the progress of students- ex. - Special Lecture by Halimabi Kureshi BBC Correspondent, Special Lecture of soothing-strengthening hair Treatment by Matrix
- Well-equipped class rooms
- Internet facility with 12 MBPS dedicated lese line
- Projector facility in every class room
- Well-equipped computer lab with 17 work stations
- Hi-Tech Audio- visual Studio with complete setup
- Complete assembly of Light set-up
- 2- high end video camera’s
- DSLR still camera
- Audio editing setup based on protocol
- Video editing setup based on FCP
- Beauty lab with latest equipments.
- Television with DTH facility