The Department of Education was established in 1960, and is headed and managed by Dr. Atul Kulkarni. This course is taught as an optional subject for F.Y.B.A, S.Y.B.A. and T.Y.B.A. level with approximately 50 students at the graduation level. Some of the important areas of study in this course include
• Family - Role and Functions of Family in Educational Development of the child.
• Contribution of Indian Educators (Jyotiba Phule, Swami Vivekananda, Ravindranath Tagor, Karmaveer Patil, Mahatma Gandhi)
• Inclusive Education • Educational Psychology - Meaning, nature, scope, methods.
• Educational Management and Administration
• Learning (Process, Laws and Methods) • Higher Education(Meaning and Problems)
• Secondary Education • Personality - Concept, factors affecting
• Individual differences - Concept, causes
• Mental processes - Meaning, ednl importance (Sensation, Perception, Concept formation, Imagination).
• Methods of teaching.
• Mental health
||Dr. Atul Kulkarni (Dept Head)
||B.A.; M.Ed.; Ph.D
|| 23 years